Thursday, August 22, 2013

Response to Ray Grant

A fellow Zodiac researcher, actually the term he uses is, 'Hobbyist', named Ray Grant has been pretty focused on me in his rants,er, I mean posts at his blogs & sites.

Here are some Quotes & mentions of me by Mr. Grant-

"Here’s an edited excerpt from Michael Morford’s original manifesto on what he hoped for on the private ZKS. I’ve decided to correct the grammar and spelling of Mike and the other ZKS posters, not so much because I’m trying to demonstrate my verbal superiority as because the errors of fact and logic are enough to have to handle without adding linguistic imprecision to the mix."

Really Ray, are you sure you're not trying to demonstrate your high IQ and ingenius intellect?

"While I applaud Morf’s intent, which was to avoid the negativity he experienced firsthand over at ZKF, he’s gone so far in the opposite direction as to discourage serious researchers like Mike Martin and myself from posting on his forum"

Thanks for your support Ray.

"Well, there you have it, Morf. Hobbyists like to sit down with coffee and Danish (provided by The Foreigner), or with frosty mugs of beer and a big bowl of pretzels, and belch."

Ray has called me, and other members on my sites 'Hobbyists', when it comes to our Zodiac research, and knowledge. I hate to break it to you Ray, but you too are indeed a 'Hobbyist', because unless you are getting paid and making a living from the case, you are doing it as a hobby. Only paid Detectives are getting paid to investigate the case.

"I’ve been banned at Mike Morford’s lightweight Zodiac Killer Site message board"

Wait Ray, is this the same message board that you asked multiple times to come back to? Is this the same message board that you repeatedly mention in just about every article you write? It seems you take alot of interest in our little 'lightweight' message board, a message board by the way, that typically recives more new posts each day than probably just about every other Zodiac forum on the net.

"If it were true that I was actively trying to drive a wedge between myself and everyone else, I probably wouldn’t cite threads from Tom’s Original Archived Message Board (I mention the “O’Hare Email Address” thread on the Aquiman blog entry, and Scott Bullock’s and Ed N’s research on my Shell Casings article on ZodiacKillerForensic, just to cite two off the top of my head). Mike Morford assisted me with the Shell Casings article, after the fact. I mention Howard Davis’s research in connection with Lake Herman Road, and the Zodiologist website’s analysis of the Zodiac-Riverside connection. Nice try.
The problem I have with Zodiac message boards generally is that there is no effort whatsoever to analyze and come to conclusions about very basic aspects of the case (there was recently a thread on ZKS about whether the Zodiac was right-handed or not, for example, an issue I’ve already addressed on Zodiac Killer Circumstantial), and the boards tend to be a breeding ground for folklore (e. g., that Cheri Bates’s books were stamped at 6pm, which they couldn’t have been) that then takes on a life of its own."


Well, thanks for mentioning I helped you with the ballistics info (also, the Helen Axe info too),glad to see that somebody like myself from a little lightweight Zodiac forum was able to help you.

I could post more examples of Ray mentioning me or my site, but you get the idea.

The truth is, I think Ray is a real smart guy and for the most part, knows the case well. But one thing I can't figure out is, why Ray seems to spend lots of time devoting his time & energy to the Cheri Jo Bates case, ( http://www.zodiackillersite.com/viewforum.php?f=33 )an unconfirmed Zodiac Victim (for the record, I think she IS likely a Zodiac Victim). On top of that, he spends most of his time asking aloud if she ever made it into the Riverside Library, when it's pretty obvious,she did.

Ray Grant has ZERO reponses to his posts & articles on his site. Not sure if that's a glitch, bad search engine hits on his site, or simply, nobody is interested in what Ray has to say. No matter what the reason, be sure to check him out at any one of his multiple Zodiac sites, and form your own opinion:
http://raygranttzms.wordpress.com/
Zodiac Killer Circumstantial
Zodiac Killer Cryptographic
Zodiac Killer Eyewitness
Zodiac Killer Forensic
Zodiac Killer Timeline

2 comments: